JOB DESCRIPTION – PROJECT MANAGER
Please apply through Indeed.com
Or, e-mail your resume/cover letter to Lisa@mtgroof.com
Miller-Thomas-Gyekis, Inc. (“MTG”), a commercial roofing and sheet metal fabrication firm, is seeking a motivated individual ooking to join an exciting and diverse team. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who wants to join a specialty roofing contractor that performs work on many construction projects throughout the southwestern Pennsylvania area. The Project Manager will support all activities pre-construction, in–progress, and post- construction for multiple concurrent projects. The Project Manager will oversee the client relationship throughout the project to ensure satisfaction while also managing day-to-day activities in the field. For each project, the Project Manager must successfully manage the team, schedule meetings (both in the field and in the office), and ensure high quality results. Projects must be completed on time and within budget. Qualified candidates will have experience managing a wide range of commercial roofing projects, including: single-ply, ballasted, hot, cold, torch applied, modified, and built-up. Must be proficient in performing roof measurements, reading architectural drawings, interpreting construction schedules and bid data, and entering information into estimating and project management programs (such as Microsoft Excel). The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and manages their time with little direction while staying focused on top priorities. The candidate should also be a self-starter who is
driven, sales-oriented, and fosters professional relationships with both peers and clients. Must be good with numbers and have excellent spatial reasoning abilities. This position requires customer interaction at a high level, so excellent customer service and support skills will be needed.
– Prior experience as a Project Manager, or similar prior experience in managing, mentoring, and training crews. A combination of education and/or field experience will also be considered.
– Proficient in performing roof measurements, reading architectural drawings, interpreting construction schedules and bid data, and entering information into estimating and project management programs (such as Microsoft Excel).
– Knowledgeable of commercial roofing systems, including: single-ply, ballasted, hot, cold, torch-applied, modified, and built-up.
– Safety conscious and willing to adhere to/support others on company safety policies and procedures.
– Capable of comprehending, explaining, and presenting roofing system solutions to customers.
– In order to complete essential job functions, must be able to perform basic physical demands, including climbing ladders, accessing roofs, walking, sitting, bending, lifting, and kneeling.
– Must have a valid driver’s license.
– Successful background check.
– Successful pre-employment drug test.
– Excellent time management skills.
– Extensive experience in cost controls.
– Great interpersonal and communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Initiate and maintain contact with the client.
– Follow up on submittal approval with the Administrative Coordinator.
– Work with the purchasing department and Superintendents to determine the materials, delivery schedules, and manpower needed for each roofing project.
– Estimate the time needed to complete each roofing project and coordinate with teams from varying trades as appropriate.
– Plan and ascertain the availability of scaffolding, safety apparatuses, and other equipment for the project.
– Review the architect's roofing design with the Superintendent to plan the sequence of work. Identify any practical problems in achieving the planned result and discuss any necessary changes with the architect and client.
– Coordinate and attend handoff and kickoff meetings.
– Review and define subcontractor scope of work with the Superintendent.
– Attend on-site construction meetings.
– Ensure that Superintendents have all tools, supplies, and/or materials that are needed for the next working day.
– Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
– Lead and direct the work of other project team members as needed.
– Oversee timely project inspections and project closeouts.
– Supervise teams and inspect the quality of work to ensure standards are met.
– Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and within scope.
– Ensure full compliance with all safety guidelines.
– Prepare and deliver reports detailing the progress of all roofing work.
– Prepare change orders.
– Monitor job costs.
– Coordinate with the accounting department on billings, payments, and closeouts.
– Confirm that all receivables have been collected.
– Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
– Client follow-up and retention.
– Is back-up for roofing Superintendent in his absence.
– Perform other activities as MTG deems necessary to meets its goals and
– Competitive compensation (compensation will be commensurate with experience and
– Paid vacation and sick time off
– Health insurance with medical, dental, and vision
– 401K eligible after 6 months (MTG