Product Manager – Plywood / Hardware
The PM is responsible for the sourcing and selection of product SKUs, suppliers, inventory levels, and pricing strategies in coordination with the Business Managers. The PM facilitates and sources both general inventory needs and special order requirements via a daily review of inventory demand and projected demand at all Bennett locations. Daily contact with Bennett suppliers, sales teams, and Business Managers is necessary. The PM is responsible for the accuracy of Bennett system costing, pricing, and inventory values. Specific product promotional plans are developed in conjunction with the Business Managers.
The following items provide a representative listing of the duties to be performed by the position.
- Evaluating and processing purchase orders with suppliers to support sales demand for Plywood and Hardware products in all Bennett locations.
- Processing and reconciling of PO receiving documents.
- Maintaining necessary adjustments to system costs, pricing, and inventory records to assure accuracy in the Bennett Inventory Management system.
- Establishing stock levels, and stock SKU designations, for each Bennett location.
- Daily communications with Bennett suppliers, sales teams, and managers to report P.O. status.
- Evaluation of each supplier’s performance, pricing, and programming to position for competitive advantages.
- Development and application of an annual product managers budget.
- Developing supplier credit requests for shipping error, damage, and defective materials.
- Operate as a team member at Bennett Supply. Provide excellent customer service and perform other duties as necessary to position for mutual success of the customers and the Company.
- A hybrid work from home schedule is an option for this position after an extensive onboarding period.
- The position reports to the Department Manager.
- Interested parties please respond to Jim Ellis, PA Industrial Division Business Manager. 724-410-1405. firstname.lastname@example.org