Are you a meticulous Estimator with a passion for precision?
At Frontier, we’re seeking a talented Estimator who thrives on the challenge of developing accurate cost proposals for diverse projects and contracts, ranging from E&S and clearing to earthwork, excavation, pipelines, utilities, paving, and concrete.
- Review RFPs, specifications, and related documents to prepare detailed cost estimates
- Participate in pre-bid meetings to assess project scope and estimate requirements
- Assist in the preparation of technical documents and proposals in response to RFPs
- Evaluate subcontractor and vendor quotes and collaborate with them during the bidding process
- Create and review final estimate packages with management for accuracy
- Monitor awarded contracts to estimate additional costs, including extra work items, change orders, and material procurement
- Track project progress and compare budgets to actuals for effective cost analysis
- Maintain organized files of working documents as estimate backups
- Provide support to other departments when required, including estimating in different disciplines
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related construction role (project mgmt., estimating, etc.)
- Proficiency in detailed estimating, scheduling, and proposal development
- Familiarity with Heavy Bid HCSS cost estimating software is preferred
- A high level of initiative.
- Technical acumen – ability to read and interpret complex blueprints, understand soil mechanics, calculate precise quantities.
- Data Analysis – crunch numbers, analyze trends and leverage historical data to create rock solid estimates.
- Attention to detail and accuracy – from budget to resource building to schedule.
- Ability to multitask and work on various projects simultaneously with a commitment to deadlines.
- Problem solving – a quick thinker who can adapt to unexpected challenges.
- Relationship management skills; capable of building strong internal and external relationships. Operate with high professional ethics and in accordance with Frontier’s core values.
- Negotiation expertise – with clients, owners, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Advanced computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required.
Working conditions/Physical demands:
- Expected travel of at least 25% to various Frontier offices and field locations (personal or Frontier-provided vehicle)
- Physical demands include light work, manual dexterity, and various physical activities
- Work location split between office and field, with exposure to varying conditions
- Operation of office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax, and telephones
What we offer:
- We are a leading industry player in oil and gas dedicated to excellence in every project we undertake.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off and a 401k plan with company matching.
Apply online: Apply to Job – Frontier Environmental Services