Construction Education Symposium
Join PBX and ASA for a Construction Education Symposium
October 13th from 1:00 PM- 4:00 pm with a Cocktail Hour to Follow.
Topic Session # 1 – 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Cyber-criminal activity including Ransomware attacks costs businesses millions of dollars each year. How is your company exposed and what can you do to protect yourself? Listen to a national expert share his experiences and give some guidance on this matter.
- Supervisory Special Agent (SSA) Jonathan Holmes has been with the FBI since 2008. He is currently assigned to the FBI’s Pittsburgh Division where he supervises Cyber-criminal investigations and the computer analysis response team. Between 2009 and 2017, SSA Holmes investigated Cyber and fraud investigations in both the FBI’s Milwaukee and Los Angeles Divisions. While in Los Angeles he supervised an FBI squad assigned to the United States Secret Service’s Electronic Crimes Task Force investigating criminal computer intrusions. In 2015, SSA Holmes served as an acting assistant legal attaché in Sofia, Bulgaria, assisting with Cyber investigations in Bulgaria, Albania, and North Macedonia. Between 2019 and 2021, SSA Holmes was assigned to the FBI Cyber Division’s Major Cyber Crimes Unit, where he developed the FBI’s strategy to combat ransomware. SSA Holmes holds a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering.
Topic Session # 2 – 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Supply Chain Crisis – How can you protect your business from material shortages, and what contractors can do to mitigate their risk and the risk to the project.
- J.R. Bittner – Preconstruction Executive at Rycon Construction, Inc. has been in the construction industry for over 30 years with extensive pre-construction, estimating, purchasing, and planning for general construction projects.
- Kurt Fernsler is a construction attorney with extensive experience in representing general contractors, subcontractors, and owners in all stages of public and private construction projects, including contract drafting and negotiation, claim preparation and defense and dispute resolution through litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Eric Ghise is the owner of Ghise Associates Inc, an Independent Manufacturer’s Representative Firm for Commercial Roofing Products. Eric has been in the Rep Business for over 25 years and has experience working with Single Ply, Modified Bitumen, Standing Seam & Wall Panels and Edge Metal.
- Victor Yates – Project Manager at Ferry Electric Company for 3+ years. Over 15+ years of electrical experience both in-field and management through all phases of electrical work, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial.
Topic Session # 3 – 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
How to achieve success, Panel Discussion; Learning from three people who have achieved success in the construction industry; how they got there, and what skills they developed that were instrumental in their career achievements.
- Rich Yohe, Easley & Rivers, Inc., President
Rich began his career in the construction industry in June of 1992, immediately after receiving his B.S. degree from IUP in Education. Early in his Career, Rich held positions in just two other companies before joining Easley and Rivers, Inc. in 1999 as an Estimator where he would continue to grow to become President at the beginning of 2022. Throughout his career, Rich has amassed 30 years of experience, held board positions in numerous organizations and continues to be a role model to many within the construction industry.
- Eric Pascucci, P J Dick, Executive Vice President
Eric Pascucci is Executive Vice President for PJ Dick, one of the largest family-owned contractors in Pennsylvania. Eric holds a Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate/Finance from Clarion University (now PennWest Clarion). Over his 28-year career, he has managed some of the region’s most complex projects, founded PJ Dick’s Special Projects Group, and has led PJ Dick’s Estimating and Preconstruction Department. As Executive Vice President, Eric is responsible for client satisfaction and project success for four of PJ Dick’s operating divisions. Eric also provides leadership in the commercial construction industry serving as Vice President of the (PBX) Pennsylvania Builder’s Exchange.
- Randy Hartsock, Massaro Corporation, Vice President Preconstruction Operations
Randy has worked in both estimating and operational roles in the construction industry since 1988. His expertise covers all facets of the industry including hospitality & recreation, higher-ed, office buildings, healthcare, correctional institutions, and educational facilities. Randy’s role as Vice President of Operations provides him the experience and knowledge in managing budgets, purchasing, and scheduling. Mr. Hartsock is also a registered professional engineer and LEED accredited professional.