WC Weil / PumpMan Pittsburgh, a PumpMan Holdings Company, is a manufacturer’s representative and repair & service provider for municipal water and wastewater treatment equipment and systems. PumpMan Pittsburgh represents numerous pump, valve, and pump system manufacturers and serves the Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Eastern Ohio, and Maryland Panhandle markets. PumpMan Pittsburgh services include: new equipment sales, start-up, routine inspection, field troubleshooting and repair, and a fully equipped state-of-the-art test facility.
Come and Grow with a Leader in the Industry… PumpMan Pittsburgh has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Engineer to join our team in Allison Park, PA. The Application Engineer is the backbone of our business to continue to grow our market share. This person thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence, and achievement. PumpMan Pittsburgh offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Review third party databases to identify prospective projects & bidding opportunities
- Review plans & specifications
- Develop cost estimates in support of the proposed strategy and respond to information requests from sales team
- Assist sales team in coordinating the engineering/proposal activities for multiple manufacturers to meet bidding requirements
- Solicit technical solutions and cost information for our represented manufacturers
- Learn federal, state, and local regulations that pertain to water & wastewater industry
- Learn about the application of products we represent through manufacturer training and maintain awareness of new, improved, and competing products.
- Size and select pumps, control valves, and other equipment to satisfy various water/wastewater applications
- Provide engineering/technical support to the Company’s operations and service departments
- Gain awareness of product limitations and accurately identify differences between product features in bid documents
- Some local or overnight travel may be required for training or to attend industry conferences
Qualifications & Skills:
- Good interpersonal skills and a history of successful performance in a team environment
- Highly responsive to customer requirements through prompt responses to inquiries and requests
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings & specifications.
- Have a strong interest in the environment, public health, and importance of water quality while interacting with clients in a sales/customer facing role
- Should be commercially astute and able to understand sales strategy
- A desire to learn about product features and limitations and the ability to recognize and document differences between product features and customer requirements
- Must be flexible in dealing with conflicting priorities, being a team player, and willing to give additional effort when required to meet deadlines
- Prepared to be “hands-on” and eager to learn and develop professionally
- Competitive Base Salary
- Family Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Steady Work Schedule
Headquartered in Saddle Brook, NJ, PumpMan, a portfolio company of Soundcore Capital Partners, is a highly successful pump maintenance, service, and repair company with aspirations of becoming a national leader in the space through acquisitions. To-date, PumpMan has acquired companies in Northern California, Southern California, Pittsburgh, PA, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, and New York City, NY.